How to convert Samsung live demo unit into a normal phone?
Convert your Samsung live demo unit to a fully functional phone by repairing the IMEI. Full capabilities including text, calls, and 5G connectivity will be restored.
A Samsung live demo unit phone is a device that is used to showcase the features and capabilities of a particular phone model in retail stores. These units are typically set up to demonstrate various aspects of the phone's performance, such as its camera, display, and software features. They are also used to train sales associates on how to demonstrate and explain the phone's capabilities to customers.
Samsung live demo units are typically pre-configured with custom firmware that is designed to highlight certain features of the phone, and may not have all of the same functionality as a normal consumer-purchased device. They are also often locked so that customers can not make changes to the settings or use the phone as their own device.
They are not meant to be sold to customers, and usually have a different firmware, or software compared to a device sold to customers. Some live demo units may have limitations, like not being able to access certain apps or functionalities, making phone calls or sending text messages.
To convert a Samsung live demo unit into a fully functional phone, you can try the following steps:
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch on your computer.
- Contact Samsung customer support and ask for the firmware for your specific Galaxy model and carrier.
- Use Smart Switch to flash the firmware to the demo unit. Make sure to use the correct firmware for your specific model and carrier, as using the wrong firmware can cause damage to your phone.
- Perform a factory reset on the phone after the firmware update is complete. This can be done by going to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.
A Samsung live demo unit phone may or may not have a working IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. An IMEI number is a unique 15-digit code that is used to identify a mobile device, and is typically used for tracking and identifying stolen or lost devices.
Some live demo units may have a working IMEI number, while others may not. This can depend on how the live demo unit has been set up and configured, as well as the specific model and firmware version of the phone.
A live demo unit phone with a working IMEI number will be able to connect to a mobile network and make phone calls and send text messages, while a live demo unit phone without a working IMEI will not be able to do so.
It's worth noting that if a live demo unit phone does not have a working IMEI, it may be possible to make it fully functional as a phone by adding a new IMEI to the device and making it capable of connecting to mobile networks.
Instructions for adding a new IMEI to a Samsung Live demo unit :
To repair the IMEI of a Samsung Live demo unit, you will need to use a specialized tool called a "IMEI repair tool' This tool allows you to add the new IMEI number to your device, which is useful to convert your Samsung live demo unit into a fully functional device.
Here are the general steps to repair a Samsung live demo unit's IMEI using the CPID SERVER IMEI Repair Tool:
Here are the general steps to repair a Samsung live demo unit's IMEI using the
CPID SERVER IMEI Repair Tool:
- Download and install the CPID SERVER IMEI Repair tool on your computer.
- Connect your Samsung live demo unit to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the IMEI fixer tool and select the Samsung live demo unit from the list of connected devices.
- Enter the new IMEI number that you want to use for your device.
- Click on the "Repair IMEI" button to begin the repair process.
- Wait for the tool to complete the repair process, which may take a few minutes.
- Once the process is complete, disconnect your device from your computer and restart it.
By doing so, you will be able to use your phone with any GSM carrier, and enjoy all features such as text, call, 5G, and more. This process will also permanently remove any carrier restrictions and sim lock on your device. Once the IMEI is written, a factory reset or firmware upgrade will not change or erase the IMEI.
Keep in mind that IMEI repair may void the warranty of your device, and it could be illegal in certain countries, so please check your local laws and regulations before attempting to repair the IMEI of your device.